You want to feel good about your image.
But when you go into your closet you groan and think:
- Everything I own is UGLY.
- I'm SO not the right body for that outfit I really want to wear.
- NOTHING in here is comfortable to wear.
- I have to win the lottery to afford a stylish, new wardrobe.
- Who has the time the time to endlessly wander the mall for new clothes? Not me!
The CLOSET DREAD is the WORST part of your morning, and you can't stand to start your day off this way anymore. What you really want is to step out of your home feeling radiant EVERY SINGLE DAY.
You want that effortless panache that you see other women embodying.
A self-worth and grin that tells the world, "Here I am, baby!"
A luminescence that shine from the inside out.
I hear you and I SEE YOU. Why?
Because I've stood where you are standing now.
You see, I was born with the “style seed". When I was Little Jane, I loved styling my favorite Barbie and Jem dolls in hot pink dresses, dressing up in my Mom’s old dresses and cutting my brother’s hair like I was Vidal Sassoon re-born! (His memory of that might be a tad different.)
Style, fashion and expressing myself were a freeing passion.
But as a full-blown adult things changed. Others started to come into the equation and I started to suppress how and when I expressed myself. Because if I wore that leather skirt or that bright red lipstick, wouldn’t everyone silently make fun of me?
I played it safe.
So others wouldn’t REALLY SEE ME. Because if they saw me, maybe they’d judge me. Maybe they’d reject me for being different. Maybe they’d noticed the imperfections that all the magazines, billboards and glamorous commercials said were ugly and not good enough.
If I didn’t stand out I was safe from… REJECTION.
Yet that fear of rejection was running my life. I had a great life but the goals and dreams I envisioned felt like a far-off vision that would never come to fruition. Inside I knew I wasn't living up to my potential but I wasn't sure how to break out of my protective shell.
But the universe is always listening. When I least expected it, on a retreat in Los Angeles in 2013 hosted by a love coach (I've done a whole lot of personal development work!), I met an image consultant who would change my perspective. She did a workshop where she brought us up in front of the other ladies at the retreat to show off our “date outfits.” I proudly put together something that I thought was cute and stylish and took my turn.
When it was my turn, I was waiting to hear the praise but instead she was kind and gentle in explaining that some of my style choices were very safe and unassuming. She had me explore how my clothing was a representation of who I am and to get curious about what that might look like. It had never dawned on me that I could think about clothes in this way.
Wow. Of course! I loved it! Using style to harness my inner-power felt so right to me.
This was my first peek into how fashion and style were more than just fabrics and high-priced couture. Style is how we express our deepest selves. Something about it felt so enticing, so interesting, like something I could study forever…
But it wasn’t until 2015, while at a self-love retreat in Costa Rica that I finally admitted that I wanted to help others with their image & style. I felt like an imposter! There I was, wearing ill-fitting shorts and a black top that drained the color from my face, talking about how I wanted to help other women with their image. Was I crazy?!
First thing was first: I had to work on myself before working with anyone else.
As I started to explore why I had such a difficult time decorating this body of mine, I started to uncover my fears and assumptions and went on another journey of self-discovery.
This is when I learned the real lesson: my clothes were my security blanket.
I held on to them to keep me feeling safe in the world. I allowed them to stifle my creativity so I wouldn’t be seen, because if I was seen, I’d be judged or rejected by those I respected and whose approval I needed...friends, co-workers, family, everyone.
Uncovering the conditioned mindset that had kept me from embracing my love of style completely changed everything. I started to water and nurture that “style seed” again and it started to sprout.
It sprouted into ME making conscious choices about how I express my TRUE SELF.
It sprouted into a full-blown passion to help others express THEIR TRUE SELVES.
Because I learned that IMAGE is an ART FORM for SELF-EXPRESSION. It’s NOT about TRENDS, EXPENSIVE CLOTHES, and DRESSING FOR OTHERS.
That’s why it’s so important to face the fears inside because it’s not until you discover yourself and love yourself, that you can decorate your body in ways that make you SHINE the way you feel inside.
Your external shift starts within because you are both the artist and the masterpiece!
I want to help you BECOME YOUR OWN STYLE MUSE with my services that take you from style rut to a style that illuminates the beauty you have inside. My coaching packages include color & style analysis, body analysis, closet consultations & audits, shopping sessions, and so MUCH MORE so you can start feeling like the woman you really are.
Here’s a little more about me, your IMAGE COACH AND guide:
- I’m a certified Jungian Spiritual Psychology Life Coach, Certified Image Consultant, and Certified Personal Stylist. That philosophy and process of self-discovery I use comes from that Jungian psychology and Eastern philosophy. My image consulting certification also equipped me with a whole lot more than finding a dress that is trendy and fits.
- I love me a cute outfit but I’m SO not attached to labels. For me it’s all about wearing pieces that express who I am versus trends and fads!
- I’ve got a really big goal right now: doing one pull-up! I know, sounds easy, but it’s a challenge for me and I’ve been strength-training like crazy to reach it. Working out is not about how my body looks, but how strong it can be, so I’ll let you know how it goes!
- I’m not all woo-woo. I also have a B.S. in Business Administration and a M.S. in Information Systems Technology which I have put to use to help design software for several Fortune 500 companies and the U.S. government over the last 15+ years.
- One of my FAVORITE songs is “Burning Gold” by Christina Perri. The lyric that speaks to me the most is, “Looking back I see I had the flame in me, I'm the wind that's carrying a change.” I want to empower YOU to fan that flame within YOURSELF because YOU are the change you want to see.